Have you ever wondered how to shoot a starry night sky?
Here a few tips & tricks for great night shots...
- Go on a cold night
- Try to go somewhere high up
- On a night around new moon
- Look for a place with little light pollution
- Use a high-quality tripod (need to be absolutely stable)
- Use a high-quality lens (f/2.8 or better)
- Don't move during capturing
- Switch off image stabilisator
- Switch off any noise reduction features
- Shoot in RAW mode
- Enable mirror lock-up
- Use self-timer
- Brightest possible aperture (around f/2.8)
- Start with: ISO 3200
- Start with: Exposure 20sec.
- Manual focus with liveview screen